Monday, October 8, 2007

Exitement Plus


The month of September was an exciting one for my daughter. I do not follow the Australian rules football, but my father did and my youngest daughter does. In fact she has followed the "footy" since she was a tiny tot and I can still remember the discussions at the dinner table between her and "grampa" almost every night of the week. If they were not discussing the last game they were discussing the next one or perhaps "how the umpire needed glasses" etc.


Dear daughter has been waiting all her life for her team "GEELONG" to win a grand final and finally this year they HAVE DONE IT. They have not only won the finals they also have the BROWNLOW MEDALIST, which is no mean feat.


CONGRATULATIONS! to the GEELONG FOOTBALL TEAM and to my daughter, you are a true supporter darl, I would have abandoned them long ago. See patience is a virtue, you only waited 35 years. GO CATS!!


I haven't accomplished a lot of knitting lately, it is still all in the UFO (unfinished object class). Just haven't been feeling 100%, hopefully that will improve soon.

I have on the needles at the moment.... a tunisian stitch shawl, an aides baby jumper, and a pair of cro hook slippers.


I'm starting to get a tad excited about our up coming trip to Vanuatu, must go shopping for some 3/4 pants I don't want to wear shorts this year gettin' a bit old for them now I think. Well, at least in public anyway!


1 comment:

catsmum said...

Dawnie, it seems we have much in common - apart from the Fryerstown Cemetery that is - I have also lost my soulmate [ it will be 8 years in December ] am passionate about knitting with a lot of it going to charity - and I suppose there is a chance with you being from Brissy and a charity knitter that you may know my friend Yvette - and I also have a family member who is severely autistic. If you love cats and/or Christmas , this could be a match made in heaven!!
btw re the cemetery you do need to be aware that most of the Cornish graves are unmarked. If you give me the names I could do a scouting trip for you if you'd like.