Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Bit Slack


Since my last post I have been pretty slack with projects but I did indeed have a go at recycling. One of my favorite jumpers was now a tad too small for me ( middle age spread and all that lol) so I took it apart and unravelled it, washed, dried and rewound it. By doing so I added an extra 405 gms of yarn to my stash for free. Who doesn't like free? certainly works for me. It was much more simple than I expected it to be so I can see this being a ongoing thing.



These are the Jan and Feb CAL squares from the Rav group. At the end of the year we will be putting them together to make a blanket. As you can see by the photo of the heart one I had a few issues with getting the heart straight. I got sick of pulling it out and trying again so this is it, it stays the way it is. Later in the year I may have another go at it to see if I can get it right.
















Below, Cleopatra necklace, also a CAL from the Lisa Gentry Ravelry Group.





Not something I would wear but every pattern I use is giving me more understanding of Crochet pattern reading. And this is exactly what I need to do, practise practise practise.










2 comments:

Cats-Rockin-Crochet said...

Oh good on ya Dawn, a variety of things on this post of yours.
Is pulling apart a jumper good therapy or a pain in the you know where?

Dawn said...

Hi Cat, Recycling the jumper was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I didn't find it frustrating but I suppose that could vary with each garment. Thanks for coming by.