I have been very neglectful of my blog in recent months, all I can say is there has been a lot going in my life and blogging was the last thing on my mind.
I have how ever continued with my Charity knitting/crochet and and am happy to say this year I have managed to donate something like 273 items to the soup vans in the Melbourne area, and probably about 18 to 20 items to various other charities including Sids for Kids and 24 items to the Chemo patients at the Austin Hospital. That is a reasonable effort considering I have been doing the odd thing for myself also.
This hat is a test crochet for me to see if the guys at the soup kitchen like the style. Pattern name is GIDDY UP GO HAT available free from Ravelry the online Knitting and Crochet Community.
My grand daughter loves to decorate the Christmas tree, so every few days she is looking for something else to put on it. I made this one for her, crochet over old CD's.
This next one was actually supposd to be a holder for glasses, and it would have been great had I remembered that mine are spring loaded and therefore won't stay on it. I will donate it somewhere, I am sure a kiddie would enjoy playing with it.
Below left, This is a nice river stone with crochet around it. A great little paper weight for when I am working out doors, there will be no trouble with wind and my patterns.
A few little toys. They were fun to make, they will be donated to the local SES if I can ever get in contact with them.
A hand made shawl pin I made at one of our fortnightly crochet get togethers. It looks lovely pinned to my Seraphina shawl.
I loved this jacket the minute I saw it in a magazine, it was one of those " I have to have it" things we have all experienced at some point. But I must say I am very dissappointed with it in the front, I would have much preferred it to come a little further into the middle of the body. And there was no front view of it in the magazine, but I still LOVE it I just won't wear it.
Another Hat for Chemo patients.
Right, Baby jacket and hat set.
Below, My scrap yarn floor rug.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment