Friday, February 23, 2007

What have I done????

This evening I signed up for the World's Greatest Shave. I have experienced first hand the wonderful work of the Leukemia Foundation, and decided that it was now time for me to give back some support. I don't expect to raise a great deal of money as I am reasonably new to the area where I live and family members are in short supply but I will give it my best shot and anything is better than nothing. There is no doubt I will be a sight only a blind person would be pleased to see but hey the hair will grow again.


My new Tunisian crochet hooks arrived from America yesterday and I have spent nearly the entire day playing with them and watching tutorial videos on the computer. I think I am going to enjoy this new (to me) form of craft. I find the hooks are much easier to handle than the basic crochet hook, they don't seem to aggravate the arthritis I have in my hands.


These are little jumpers and comfort dolls for the June Charity of the Month with my knitting group "Knit4Charities". I am hoping to get a couple more knitted before the collection date.






Bed socks for a Nursing home here in Brisbane where the residents are almost all suffering from Dementia in one form or another. They seldom, if ever get visitors and rarely get the little extras needed to improve their comfort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! We can be bald together!!
Send me your link so I can sponsor you. Way to go Dawn.